February 09, 2023
Donate Now: 2023 United Way Campaign
The 2023 United Way is February 13 to March 24.
While employees can donate all year long, the annual campaign offers a lot of options that are all detailed on the United Way Campaign website:
- Employees can contribute via a one-time gift or recurring payroll deduction using the ePledge tool.
- Employees can also contribute by participating in the many virtual or in-person events that will take place this year including:
- The weekly trivia competition. Sign up now; it’s only $5 to participate or $2 to observe.
- Sarris candy sales. Shop online through April 2 to choose from over 100 items (if prompted, use Group ID # 10-3964). You can also stop by to purchase candy bars and pretzel rods in Wean Commons on February 28 (10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.) or March 20 (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.).
Watch the campaign website for updates or reach out to the team captain for your college or division to see what events they have planned.
Every dollar counts:
- $5 per week helps connect 10 community members to COVID-19 vaccines.
- $4 per week helps seniors learn how to manage chronic health conditions, saving $1,000 in health care costs and creating a healthier adult population.
- $2 per week helps support efforts to significantly increase on-time registration for an entire kindergarten class.
- $1 per week provides two nights of housing in a cold weather shelter for someone without shelter or without heat in their home.
The work of United Way never stops, but CMU’s campaign runs for only 40 days, so please don’t wait to donate or participate in a campaign event. Together, we can make the United Way Campaign a success and help our neighbors most in need.