August 11, 2022
Student Worker Updates
A new change job reason for classifying graduate student stipend increases and adjustments and corresponding position updates was made available on August 1. Student transaction initiators and department initiators may now use the change job business process to process stipend increases and to make ad-hoc changes to a graduate student’s stipend and corresponding position updates.
- Departments that opted to enter their annual stipend increases directly in Workday using Change Job were reminded to have transactions entered and approved in Workday by August 19, which was the second semi-monthly pay period deadline.
- Departments that chose to have their stipend increases uploaded by HRT and Student Worker Services were required to submit changes by August 5. HRT and Student Worker Services loaded and verified stipend increase files for participating departments the week of August 15.
Refer to the Adjusting Graduate Student Stipends System Guide [pdf] for instructions. Refer to the Graduate Student Worker — Stipend Resources Guide [pdf] for a timeline and subsequent deadlines.
Student Worker Services offered on-campus I-9 sessions at various Ph.D. orientation sessions in August. Departments interested in having Student Worker Services participate in on-campus events for undergraduate students should contact Kameico Robison, manager, Student Worker Services.
Throughout August and September, Student Worker Services is offering Form I-9 appointments at UTDC Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m. Student workers are encouraged to make an appointment; however, walk-ins are welcome. Please note that appointments will take priority over walk-ins.
In early August, Form I-9 completion notifications to student workers were automated and are now being sent from Workday to the student's CMU email. Student workers receive reminders to complete the Form I-9 before and on their hire date as well as escalation emails, when necessary. These notifications were previously being sent daily from Student Worker Services.
Student Workers Services wants to make campus aware of the following updates:
- Key dates for hourly student workers for AY22-23 [pdf] have been published.
- All summer positions have been ended by HRT.
- The AY22-23 employment period is August 15, 2022–May 7, 2023.