Innovation with Impact – Graduate Interdisciplinary Exhibition
The 2019 Innovation with Impact will be held on Thursday, April 4, 2019 and is open to all students, faculty and staff. As part of the annual Graduate and Professional Student Appreciation Week Celebration of Research Projects, join us for the displays, award presentations and dessert reception. The event will be held in Rangos Ballroom, 2nd floor of the Cohon University Center from 4:00-6:00pm.
Innovation with Impact, IWI, is an interdisciplinary poster/performance exhibition of graduate student research and projects from across the Pittsburgh campus. All Carnegie Mellon community members, faculty, students, and staff are invited to attend.
PARTICIPANTS AND PROJECTS
2018 Participants and Projects
Review last year's participants
2019 Participants and Projects
GRADUATE STUDENT AWARD WINNERS
2019 Graduate Student Teaching Award Winner
2019 Graduate Student Service Award Winner
What is it?
- The only exhibition for graduate students from all 7 colleges to share their work with each other and the campus community.
- A taste of the experiences and hard work that graduate students often only share at off-site locations, conferences, or within their own college/program.
- An opportunity for recipients of the GSA/Provost Conference Funding or GSA/Provost Graduate Small Research Grants, GuSH, to showcase how they have used the funds from these two sources.
When and Where is it?
The 2019 Innovation with Impact will be held on Thursday, April 4, 2019 as part of the annual Graduate and Professional Student Appreciation Week Celebration of Research, Projects, Teaching and Service.
The Innovation with Impact will be held in the Cohon University Center, Rangos Ballroom (2nd floor).
How do I register?
How can I participate?
As a group or as an individual, with a visual display such as a poster, a performance, or art piece – you decide. All you have to do is:
Registration is CLOSED!
- Prepare a visual display or performance. Our office is able to provide you with one of the following on the day of the event:
- One easel, one white foam core board (30” by 40”), and pins.
- Your display must fit onto one easel/board –we will not have enough to provide you with two.
- Half or full of 6'x2' ft table
- Floor space
- Attend and be ready to briefly and informally talk about your research, project, performance, or conference experience with the broader campus community between 4:00 and 6:00pm on Thursday, April 4 , 2019.
Information on Visual Displays, Performances
We encourage you to also take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for additional information.
Examples of Visual Displays, Performances
- Poster attached to foam core board on an easel (30” by 40”)
- No more than 8 powerpoint pages (at 8.5”x11”) pinned foam core board on an easel
- Musical performance
- Art display
- Artifact display