Carnegie Mellon University
Financial Assistance

Financial Assistance

Graduate student tuition and fees vary by degree program and by school or college. To get the best estimate visit the specific school or college of choice.

Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs

The Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs administers professional development funding for graduate students university-wide. Conference Funding and GuSH Research Funding are supported by the Graduate Student Assembly (GSA) and the Provost's Office.

  1. Conference Funding awards, up to $750.00 per student, provide the means for graduate students to 1) make presentations at key conferences/exhibitions in their fields or 2) simply attend conferences and learn about the broader field of study to which they belong.
  2. GuSH Research Funding awards, up to $750.00 per student, defray costs incurred in the completion of research required for a graduate degree at Carnegie Mellon.

Graduate Student Financial Aid

The HUB provides comprehensive finacial aid information.

For information on departmental scholarships, grants, stipends, assistantships, and fellowships, contact the academic department you plan to attend to find out what is available. The department will also be able to discuss the requirements of these programs. Contact The HUB with additional questions.

Office of the Dean of Students: Loans

Fellowships and Scholarships Office               

For current graduate students, there are some specific awards the the FSO will help facilitate: Knight Hennessey, Fulbright, Soros, Luce, Hertz and Schwarzman. For more information, please visit the Fellowships and Scholarships Office.

Financial Aid Information Online

View a comprehensive source of student financial aid information, advice and tools.

United States Citizen and Permanent Resident Taxes

International Student Taxes