Carnegie Mellon University


Per the Alcohol Purchasing Guidelines, for events where alcohol is being served but not sold (i.e. open bar), the University requires all bartenders to be  RAMP-certified and fully insured for General Liability, Liquor Liability and Workers' Compensation.  Ace Bartenders meets our requirements.  If you wish to use another service provider, please contact our office. 

If a department chooses Chartwells, CMU’s preferred on-campus caterer, they will coordinate the hiring of RAMP-certified bartenders when necessary.

MSAs Expiring 2nd Q FY 2019

This document (pdf) lists the Masters Services Agreements expiring by December 31, 2018. If you would like to renew any of these MSAs, please email a request to


UCO approval is not required for AppleCare. 

Apple Store

UCO review is no longer required for equipment repair services at the Apple Store. Please see our approval document (CMU sign in required) (pdf)

City of Pittsburgh online event-related transactions

See UCO's review & approval for Online Event-Related Transactions, including Park Shelter Permitting.

App Store & Google Play

UCO review is no longer required for many smartphone/tablet apps on the App Store and Google Play. Please see our approval document (CMU sign in required).

If you wish to hold an event at a space that uses for booking, there are a few things that need to happen before the request is sent to our office.

  1. Please email us a pdf version of the event contract and policies;
  2. Please email us a pdf version of the event summary;
  3. Please confirm via email that your department is aware of and okay with all of the business terms of the agreement, as well as event details;
  4. Please include the CMU on-site contact person’s full name, email address, and phone number. 

Carnegie Mellon University Ethics Reporting Hotline

Toll Free: 1-877-700-7050
Via the Internet: (Username: tartans; Password: plaid)

The hotline is NOT an emergency service. For emergencies, call University Police at 412-268-2323 or 911.


If a vendor sends a contract via DocuSign, please ask the vendor to name Matthew D’Emilio, Director, University Contracts Office, as the signatory. If there is also a credit card authorization form, that should be filled out using the name of the person whose credit card is going to be used.

Please ask the vendor to email the document to you directly, and then forward it to Please do not give the vendor Matt’s email address. We need all requests to come through our inbox so they can be processed correctly. Thank you.