We are so excited to welcome you to our beautiful Pittsburgh campus! Come experience first-hand the vibrant and innovative culture of Carnegie Mellon to find out what Tartan life is all about. Meet fellow admitted students, talk with current Tartans, and experience the wide range of engagement opportunities we've prepared for you!
- Director's Welcome - A welcome to campus from the Office of Admission
- Coffee With The Deans - Meet our Deans of Admission
- Campus Tour - Choose your campus touring experience below
- Residence Hall Tour - An introduction to the first-year residence experience
- TASTE (Take A Student To Eat) - Eat lunch with a current student!
- One-on-One Counseling Sessions for admitted students and families
- Academic Information Sessions - Meet your college or department
- Financial Aid Information Session - Learn all about financial aid at Carnegie Mellon
- Campus Life Information Sessions - Connect with campus partners like Athletics, Student Health, our Career and Professional Development Center and more
- Student Panel - Get the inside scoop from current students
Guided Campus Touring Experience
Never been to Pittsburgh? Hoping to get a better sense of the campus you might one day call home? The Guided Campus Touring Experience includes a campus tour led by a current student ambassador, followed by a residence hall tour. This option is ideal for those who haven't had the chance to visit us before and want to experience first-hand the dynamic environment and culture at Carnegie Mellon.
Self-Guided Touring Experience
If you've already had the chance to explore campus and would prefer a more flexible visit experience, consider the Self-Guided Touring Experience. This option is perfect for those who want the freedom to explore campus on their own terms; follow the self-guided campus tour, attend classes, visit a residence hall, and explore the innovative facilities and vibrant surrounding community of Carnegie Mellon.
Can't make it to campus? We will be offering plenty of opportunities to engage online, including information sessions, academic sessions for some colleges and programs, virtual tours, chats with current Tartans, and plenty more ways to find out what it means to be a student at Carnegie Mellon.
Can't make it to the scheduled virtual event time-slots? Check out our pre-recorded academic sessions here!
Call The "I'm In" Line
If you have questions about enrollment, financial aid or anything else, use your admitted student VIP phone number to get direct access to the admission staff. Call 412.CMU.IMIN (412.268.4646) to speak directly to an admission counselor
LiveChat with Us
You can also reach an admission counselor directly from this website. Look for the LiveChat tool at the bottom of your screen from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday.
Try a Fresh Coat
Painting the Fence is one of Carnegie Mellon's most beloved traditions. The Fence sits in the middle of campus and acts as a billboard for student groups. Traditionally, the Fence must only be painted between midnight and sunrise, in its entirety, using only paintbrushes. Want to keep the message up longer? Two students keep watch around the clock or they risk another group staking their claim!