Benefits and Compensation
Our benefits offerings can help you choose wisely and live well. Our benefits philosophy encompasses three driving priorities: Choice, Control, and Well-being.
Human Resources provides benefits in six core areas:
- Health (medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and health care flexible spending accounts)
- Retirement (university provided retirement contributions and employee retirement savings vehicles)
- Tuition (for employees and eligible children of employees)
- Life Insurance (basic and supplemental life and AD&D insurance, and life insurance for dependents)
- Disability Insurance (short- and long-term disability and workers' compensation)
- Lifestyle Support (such as child care, EAP, transportation, banking, paid time off, and other benefits)
The specific benefits for which you are eligible will depend on your full-/part-time status, the length of your appointment, and your geographic location. Contact the Benefits Office or your area's business manager for more information.
319 South Craig Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Carnegie Mellon University reserves the right to amend, modify, suspend, replace or terminate any of its plans, policies or programs, in whole or in part, including any level or form of coverage, by appropriate action of the university (or its delegate), without the consent or concurrence of persons affected.
The information presented is not intended to create, nor is it to be construed to create, a contract between the university (or its affiliates) and any one of the university’s employees, former employees, or other plan participants or beneficiaries.
Please note that a summary of the benefits provided under each plan is contained in the summary plan description for such plan. Full details are provided in the official plan documents, which governs the operation of the respective plan. In the event that the content provided or any oral representations made by any person regarding a plan conflict with or are inconsistent with the provisions of the applicable plan document, the provisions of the applicable plan document will control.