Congratulations to the Class of 2017!
Graduating Tartans, send us your throwback photos! We’re looking for high-resolution photos from your first year as a CMU undergrad or graduate student that we can use for social media and events leading up to commencement. Please make sure you have the permission of everyone pictured before sharing your photos. With any photos submitted, CMU reserves the right to use this content on its website, social media platforms and other publications as it sees fit.
Deadlines for Graduating Students
By February 6
Apply to be the Student Speaker
- The student speaker addresses the graduating class at the main commencement ceremony.
- Learn more the application and selection process.
By March 17
Register for the Doctor's Hooding Ceremony
- Ph.D. students participating in the Doctor's Hooding Ceremony will need to submit their name, the name of their faculty hooder(s) and other information.
- Register online.
March 22 & 23
Stop by Grad Fair to purchase a cap and gown
(Bachelor's & Master's only)
11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Rangos Hall, Cohon University Center
- All bachelor's and master's students should plan to stop by Grad Fair to purchase and pick up their commencement regalia. Ph.D. students do not need to attend Grad Fair.
- Graduates will also be able to verify their diploma information, ask questions about commencement weekend and prepare for life after graduation.
- More information
By March 24
Verify diploma information
- All graduating students should check that their name, degree and other diploma information is accurate.
- Verify online. (log in required)
By April 7
Order a cap and gown online
- All Ph.D. students should order their commencement regalia online. Orders will be accepted beginning February 1 and regalia will be distributed the week of commencement.
- More information and to place an order
By May 17
Resolve outstanding account balance
- A student's account balance must be resolved in order for his or her diploma to be issued.
- View or pay a balance. (log in required)