Carnegie Mellon University

What is a licensed supplier?

Licensing is the process of obtaining legal permission through a contract for the right to use someone's trademarks. An individual or company who enters into such an agreement is referred to as a licensee or licensed supplier.

Who is a current licensed supplier? Visit our supplier list.

If you're interested in becoming a licensed supplier, please visit our prospective suppliers page.

A trademark license is not required for suppliers of university directional signs, decals used to identify campus vehicles or uniforms for FMS, Dining or Campus Police. As of February 2015 a trademark license is no longer required for suppliers of commercial floor mats for our campus buildings or commercial banners used to promote campus events or buildings. Please note that the university's Brand Guidelines and requirements of our University Contracts' Office still must be followed.