Professional Transformation: Future-Proof Your Career
Redefine your professional persona for career success.
September - October 2020 | online | $3,000
In a very short time, the world has experienced dramatic change and business as-we-knew-it may never be the same. Whether you’ve found yourself looking for new opportunities or contemplating your next career move, the experts at Carnegie Mellon Executive Education can help you navigate unfamiliar new terrain and present yourself to your best advantage. In partnership with the Tepper School's Accelerate Leadership Center, developed to help MBAs achieve career success, this four-week program offers tips, tricks, and resources to help you redefine your professional identity.
Hone your understanding of how to craft an effective resume, how to master the online interview process, and how to mine your greatest asset – your network. Learn about the latest developments in artificial intelligence and machine learning to be certain your resume passes automated screening tools. Polish your leadership brand to highlight your unique strengths. Don’t get left behind in the crowd – let Tepper Executive Education help you move out of the pack and ahead in your career.
- Re-tool your resume and LinkedIn profile to highlight your strengths.
- Learn to craft a cover letter that will stand out from the crowd.
- Improve your interview skills, both in-person and online.
- Develop an effective elevator pitch to succinctly convey your brand and talents.
- Understand automatic screening algorithms to bypass the first cut.
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for office professionals who have been furloughed (general and medical), service/gig economy workers, restaurant workers, nonprofit, health care office professionals, government workers, and college students (seniors).
- Resumes and leadership brand
- Update your resume and LinkedIn page
- How to highlight transferable skills when changing job sectors or industries
- Develop your leadership brand
- How artificial intelligence and machine learning are used to screen job candidates and how to beat the system
- Job interviews
- Virtual presentation skills
- Acing the virtual job interview
- Developing a brief elevator pitch to sell yourself
- Activating your network
- How to leverage your network in your job search
Earn the Carnegie Mellon Certificate in Executive Leadership
Participate in three executive education open enrollment programs in five years to earn Carnegie Mellon’s highest certificate designation for executive education.
Executive Education at Carnegie Mellon
Contact a program director at 412-268-2304 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.