Take a Course
If you would like to learn exciting new things from your peers, in an educational setting, then you should take a StuCo course! See the current CMU Undergraduate Course Catalog for more information.
- StuCo courses are taught by currently-enrolled CMU students
- StuCo teachers are required to give final grades for undergraduate students of "P" = "Pass" or "N" = "No Credit"
- StuCo teachers are required to give final grades for graduate students of "S" = "Satisfactory" or "N" = "No Credit"
- Students who receive a Pass/Satisfactory final grade receive three (3) Free Elective Units
- CMU students may use no more than nine (9) Free Elective Units towards degree requirements, per University policy
In order to take a StuCo course, CMU students can register on Student Information Online (SIO).
Other University community members should contact the instructor via email to inform him/her of your desire to attend class, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. CMU community members who are not students are not eligible for CMU Free Elective Units.