Carnegie Mellon University

Pass / Fail Grades

See University Policies for regulations on pass/fail grading options. Undergraduate students may elect to take a free-elective course pass/fail unless precluded by the course, the course's department or the student's home department/college.  Generally, students may not take the pass/fail option for any course required for a major or minor, any required prerequisite or any general education course.  A student must meet with the IS Academic Advisor and submit a Pass/Fail Form indicating the course they are electing as pass/fail before the end of the university's drop period. Please see The HUB for forms and procedures.