November 13, 2019
Verify Personal Information in Workday
As a federal contractor, Carnegie Mellon University is required to obtain and report demographic data on its employees. These requirements are broadly governed by multiple federal agencies including the Department of Labor and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and apply to all federal contractors. To comply with federal laws, CMU is required to invite you to voluntarily self-identify your race, ethnicity, sex, disability and veteran status.
Your submission of this information is voluntary. You may choose “I do not wish to answer” as a response to any of the status questions.
- Self-identify your disability status by logging into Workday and using the Change Self-Identification of Disability task. For detailed instructions, refer to the Self-Identification of Disability in Workday Quick Guide [pdf].
- Self-identify your sex, race, ethnicity and veteran status by logging into Workday and updating your profile by using the Change Personal Information process. For detailed instructions, refer to the Change Personal Information Quick Guide [pdf].
In addition, employees are encouraged to verify any existing personal information using the following guides.
- Contact Information — Refer to the Change Contact Information Quick Guide [pdf] for instructions.
- Emergency Contact Information — Refer to the Change Emergency Contact Information Quick Guide [pdf] for instructions.
- Legal Name — Refer to the Change Legal Name Quick Guide [pdf] for instructions.
- Preferred Name — Refer to the Change Preferred Name Quick Guide [pdf] for instructions
Please contact the HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-268-4600 if you have any questions or concerns.