Last updated: 8/9/2022
Facial Coverings both indoors and outdoors are optional but remain strongly recommended for members of our community.
Travel is permitted for university-sponsored events subject to unit-based requirements and approval from employee managers.
Visitors, including prospective and admitted undergraduate students and families are permitted for one-time visits and/or recurring meetings/events on campus.
Current Posture: Transitional Services
Effective: January 31, 2022
The university has established guidance and provided risk mitigation protocols to ensure continued adherence to COVID-19 safety measures on campus. Targeted mitigation strategies are implemented as needed.
What is a Transitional Services posture?
- In-person instruction is predominant with remote instruction on a limited basis
- Re-densification of housing and dining facilities
- Non-curricular student activities aligned with university risk mitigation protocols do not require preapproval
- Shared spaces are open with modifications
Faculty & Staff
- In addition to essential functions, on campus delivery of services supporting core education and research functions are prioritized
- Many units transition to the on-campus workplace with flexible arrangements, such as a rotating presence on campus
- In-person on-campus events aligned with university risk mitigation protocols do not require preapproval
- Increased capacity for on-site research activities consistent with university risk mitigation protocols
- Visitors permitted
Outdoor Spaces & Tents
Outdoor tents will return this fall in two phases. Two CFA lawn tents (numbers 4 and 5) and 1 TCS tent (number 8) will be available in late September; all other tents will be avaialble at the start of the fall semester. Tents are available to be scheduled in 25Live.
The tents, which do not include side panels or electricity, have a roof covering and include 20 folding chairs. The canopies are big enough to safely hold between eight and ten people. Each tent has a hand-sanitizing station and is cleaned with electrostatic sprayers daily.