Closing out the Spring Semester Strong
Facial coverings are still strongly recommended but are optional for those who are up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccinations. Details
Continue taking care of yourself and each other.
- Your choice: Individuals may choose to continue wearing facial coverings for a variety of reasons, and the university community is encouraged to support those who wish to do so.
- Up-to date on vaccinations: Get your COVID-19 vaccination and booster, when eligible. Not yet boosted? Register for an upcoming clinic.
- If you're sick: If you aren't feeling well, stay home and do not come to campus.
- Test as needed:
- COVID-19 rapid antigen at-home test kits are also available at no cost through one of our campus vending machines.
- Tartan Testing, available for all asymptomatic community members who have not had a positive test within the last 90 days. Facial coverings are required for all individiuals who visit Tartan Testing.
Tartan Testing is Carnegie Mellon's testing program for the diagnosis of COVID-19 in asymptomatic individuals and is an important element of the university's ongoing strategy to detect and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Tartan Testing is located in TCS Hall.
Who Must Participate Weekly in Tartan Testing
- Students who are in process of becoming fully vaccinated (including booster dose when eligible) or those students who have been exempted from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement or facial covering requirement
- Faculty/staff who have not uploaded their vaccination information to the university’s Vaccine Database or who have been exempted from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement
In addition, the university recommends getting tested after travel.
The test takes less than 15 minutes and same-day appointments are often available. Tartan Testing is also available for fully vaccinated (including booster dose when eligible) CMU community members who desire a weekly test. All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, who are visiting Tartan Testing are required to wear a high-quality, well-fitting facial covering indoors.