COVID-19 Vaccine Verification
Booster Verification Deadlines
- All students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated (including booster when eligible) against COVID-19 and to upload their booster verification and enter their date of vaccination to the CMU Vaccine Database in HealthConnect.
- All students, faculty and staff eligible for a COVID-19 booster are required to upload their booster verification and enter their date of vaccination within 60 days of their eligibility.
How to Enter Your Information into CMU's COVID-19 Vaccine Database
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS, FACULTY AND STAFF
Sign into HealthConnect with your date of birth.
From your home screen, you will be able to enter your COVID-19 vaccine information, schedule an appointment for Tartan Testing and view your previous Tartan Testing lab results.
To Enter Your COVID-19 Vaccine or Booster Information and Date of Vaccination:
- Select the “Enter My COVID-19 Vaccine Information” button.
- Click the green upload button and attach an image of your COVID-19 vaccine record or document. You can edit the image by rotating the image to the left or right, if necessary.
- PDF, PNG, JPEG and GIF files under 4MB are accepted. For mobile phone uploads, using the 'Take Photo' feature (after clicking 'Upload') may eliminate the need to edit an image.
- From the drop-down menu, enter the date of all doses, including boosters (mm/dd/yyyy) and the name of the COVID-19 vaccine you received.
- When finished, click the “done” button.
Please disregard the following text that may appear on your HealthConnect homepage after you enter your date of birth:
You have not activated your Web Account. You cannot use any of the Web Account services until you have activated your account. Click Here to Activate Your Account.
You will not receive an immediate confirmation after uploading. Your upload will be reviewed and after your record is verified, you will see your COVID-19 vaccine listed under immunizations in the left menu.
Affiliates (vendors, contractors, visitors and other individuals affiliated with Carnegie Mellon, but who are not employees or students) are exempt from uploading any COVID-19 Vaccination Information into the database.
Affiliates who are not fully vaccinated (including booster when eligible) must wear facial coverings indoors at all times.
HealthConnect is CMU’s secure online portal for University Health Services (our students’ primary care provider). We have expanded the system’s functionality so that faculty and staff will also use HealthConnect to enter COVID-19 vaccine information. HealthConnect is housed on campus and monitored by Carnegie Mellon's Information Security Office (ISO). Access to the stored information is limited to authorized personnel and treated confidentially.
If you have issues entering your COVID-19 vaccine information into the database, contact email@example.com.