The ANSYS Student product enables students to access and explore state-of-the-art ANSYS Workbench simulation workflow, pre-processing, post-processing and solver products.
The next-generation academic simulation experience, ANSYS AIM Student, makes simulation easy and enables students to efficiently design, simulate and optimize ideas in a single, modern, easy-to-use environment, complete with multiphysics capabilities.
The ANSYS Workbench-based product bundle includes ANSYS Mechanical, ANSYS CFD, ANSYS Autodyn, ANSYS DesignXplorer, and ANSYS SpaceClaim.
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America
- License holder: Carnegie Mellon
- Quantity licensed: Unlimited
- Available for: Windows
- Who can install it: Students
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased and personally owned computers on campus or at home
- Type of license: 12-month renewable license key
- Cost to users: Free
- Where to get it: http://www.ansys.com/academic
- License code required: No, license is built into the installer. To update an expired license, download and run the latest installer.
- Getting help using it: Computing Services does not support this software.
- Restrictions: Use for academic, non-commercial purposes only.
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: None. All copies must be deleted upon termination of affiliation with Carnegie Mellon University.