VDM Masterclass Season 5 Registration is Open!!
- VDM Masterclasses require paid pre-registration. $22 USD per class.
- You will receive a Zoom link to the class about 48 hours in advance of the class.
- We will send a recording to all masterclass registrants. You may participate live or watch the recording later (or both!). The recording link expires after 30 days.
- Registration for Masterclasses season 5 is now open. Recordings of earlier Masterclasses are available for purchase HERE (with a new 30 day expiration).
- Each class will last 90 minutes. 60-75 minutes of teaching followed by questions and discussion. All classes are taught in English.
- Contribute to the VDM Scholarship Fund!
We welcome donations to the VDM Scholarship Fund. When you sign up for masterclasses, consider adding a $10 contribution or covering an entire masterclass registration fee with a $22 contribution.
Of course we always welcome larger and smaller gifts as well! To choose your own amount, scroll down to the bottom of the ticket column and make an additional donation here:
- Due to registration platform changes beyond our control, we are not able to offer discounts for purchasing one or more masterclasses this season. If you need financial assistance, please request a scholarship. Full and partial scholarships are available.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions here.
Need a scholarship?
If you are in need of financial assistance to attend the masterclass series, we will be happy to help as much as we can. Please fill out this very short scholarship request form:
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Mini-Athletes" Music, movement and sports."
This session aims to provide didactic resources applicable for face-to-face and online classes, helping teachers to create a common thread for their sessions and to show the didactic process, the “step by step” where the activities are exposed from least to greatest difficulty.
- Warm-up: where activities are proposed for the body and vocal warm-up of Athletes.
- Sports: the central part of the session where different sports will be developed working on musical content such as pulsation, accentuation, time signature, phrasing, structure, harmony, etc.
- Relaxation: where activities are proposed to change muscle tone and consolidate what has been learned.
Ana has taught numerous teacher training courses throughout Spain, the Czech Republic, Peru, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Portugal, Chile, Italy, Venezuela, and Brazil. She is currently a Professor at the University of Gerona, Dance Accompanying Pianist at the Oriol Martorell Artistic Institute-School of Barcelona and Professor of Music and Movement at the Blai Net Municipal School of Music in Sant Boi, Barcelona.
"What Can I Do With This Song?"
In this Masterclass, we will use different pedagogical and improvisational strategies to work with some old Latin American indigenous songs.Pablo Cernik received his music teaching degree and Dalcroze teaching degree from the National Conservatory of Music in Buenos Aires. In Geneva, Switzerland, he obtained the Licence and Diplôme Superieur in Dalcroze Eurhythmics. In Spain, he taught at the Institut Joan Llongueres (Barcelona) and at the Conservatory of Music “Musikene” (San Sebastián). He taught and supervised on many Dalcroze Certificate training programs in Spain, Mexico, Chile, Argentine, and Japan. He currently lives in Buenos Aires working for the National University of Arts (UNA) and works training teachers throughout the country as well as in other Latin American countries. He is the Director of Studies of the Dalcroze Certifications in Argentine and Chile, a member of F.I.E.R.’s Central Committee, and president of Argentine Dalcroze Society.