Student Office Assistant
Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Responsible for handling front office reception including greeting guests, welcoming and directing them appropriately, notifying staff of visitor arrival when applicable, answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate staff member, placing outgoing calls regarding missed appointment, handling department inquiries, sorting and distributing mail, as well as additional clerical duties.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers/printers/scanners, filing cabinets, electronic staplers and paper cutters and hole-punchers.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, applicant must be able to lift and move large stacks of files and be able to navigate the campus to make deliveries and pick-ups as necessary.
Telephone Skills, Verbal and Written Communication Proficiency, Microsoft Office Skills, Technical Capacity, Professionalism, Customer Focus; Listening, Organization and Collaboration Skills, Informing Others, Handles Pressure, Supply Management, Flexibility.
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate staff member.
- Will transfer callers to professional staff’s voice mailbox when the staff member is unavailable.
- Greets and directs visitors to the appropriate office.
- Calls persons who have missed their appointments.
- Provides callers with information such as department address, directions to the department location, fax numbers, website and other related information.
- Directs student visitors and employees on how and where they should sign in.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Ensures reception area is tidy.
- Receives, sorts and distributes parcels and other mail.
- Assists in the receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as copying, scanning, filing and collating.
This is a paid position. The pay rate is $8.25 per hour. Applicants must have and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA during their employment. The ideal candidate would work a minimum 3.5 hours to a maximum 10 hours per week.