Training and Employment Opportunities for Students
Every Spring, Academic Development invites qualified students to apply for positions as Academic Coaches, EXCEL Group Leaders, Peer Tutors, and SI Leaders. Successful applicants are accepted into an 9-10 week training course and practicum. After successfully passing the training course students begin working in the Fall.
- Selected applicants participate in a 4.5 unit pass/fail training course in a fun and interactive setting.
Qualifications for all positions
- Be an undergraduate with a minimum overall QPA of 3.5
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- A commitment to helping other students learn
- Satisfactory completion of the training course