Training and Employment Opportunities for Students
Every Spring, Academic Development invites qualified students to apply for positions as Academic Coaches, EXCEL Group Leaders, Peer Tutors, and SI Leaders. Successful applicants are accepted into an 9-10 week training course and practicum. After successfully passing the training course students begin working in the Fall.
- Selected applicants participate in a 4.5 unit pass/fail training course in a fun and interactive setting.
- Enrollment in the course is by special permission.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- A commitment to helping other students learn
- Satisfactory completion of the training course
- Peer Tutor, SI Leader and EXCEL Group Leader applicants must have a minimum overall QPA of 3.5
All applicants should
- read the full description of the job you are interested in
- then apply online
Peer Tutor, SI Leader and EXCEL Group Leader applicants will need to
- provide contact information of two (2) references.
- upload an unofficial academic record
Successful applicants will...
- be contacted to schedule an interview
- be notified if they are accepted into the training course
- become paid peer coaches/tutors/leaders in the Fall after successfully completing the Spring training course.