Academic Coaching is an assistance program that will help you acquire more effective and efficient study skills. The program is designed to help both students who are having academic difficulty and students who just want to improve their study skills. Student Academic Coaches (ACs) conduct group workshops throughout the semester and weekly individualized sessions that focus on various skills such as:
- Time management
- Avoiding procrastination
- Forming productive habits
- Developing a system
- Taking lecture notes
- Exam preparation
- Reading textbooks
- Memory Techniques
You can choose to attend one or more workshops that are available throughout the fall and spring semesters or request an initial consultation with a staff member who will then set up individualized sessions with a student Academic Coach.
Watch for emails from us about these workshops and how to register for them.
First Year Success Workshop
Offered every fall semester, ACs answer questions on effective note-taking, time management, orgination and habits, and learning to learn.
Time Management & Mid-Term Prep Consultations
Students engage in a 30-minute, 1-on-1 session geared towards helping you effectively prepare for mid-terms in order to balance your campus involvement without neglecting your ongoing coursework.
Individualized sessions with an Academic Coach (AC) are available to students who want more intensive help with study skills than a single workshop can provide. The steps to sign up for individual sessions are simple:
- Sign-up for an consultation with a staff member.
- You will receive a follow-up email with instructions to take an online study skills and goals survey.
- After completing the assessment and the initial consultation, a student Academic Coach will be assigned to meet with you on a weekly basis to target the skill areas that need improvement.
- If you need to reschedule, decline your initial appointment, then contact us.
Academic Coaching Appointment Calendar