Academic Coaching for Graduate Students
Academic Coaching is an assistance program that helps students acquire more effective and efficient study skills. The program is designed to help both students who are having academic difficulty and students who just want to improve their study skills. Student Academic Coaches (ACs) conduct group workshops throughout the semester and weekly individualized sessions that focus on various skills such as:
- Managing your time:
- Balancing coursework, research and professional development opportunities
- Applying for jobs and internships
- Techniques for comprehending course content
- Maintaining accountability
- Avoiding procrastination
- Managing priorities
- Becoming more productive
- Preparing for exams
The Academic Coaching program collaborates with various graduate programs to offer workshops in a variety of study skills topics. Students can choose to attend one or more workshops that are available year-round.
Watch for emails about our workshops designed specifically for grad students and how to register for them.
Individualized sessions with an Academic Coach (AC) are available to students who want more intensive help with study skills than a single workshop can provide. The steps to sign up for individual sessions are simple:
- Sign-up for an consultation with a staff member using the form below.
- Complete an online study skills and goals survey that you will receive through a follow-up email.
- After completing the assessment and the initial consultation, a student Academic Coach will be assigned to meet with you on a weekly basis to target the skill areas that need improvement.
- If you need to reschedule, decline your initial appointment, then contact us.
Academic Coaching Appointment Calendar