Thursday, June 19, 2014
10 Pittsburgh Startups Vying for $100K Investment from Case
Ten Pittsburgh startups have been selected to pitch to entrepreneur Steve Case when the America Online co-founder stops here June 25.
On his Rise of the Rest tour, Case will be awarding a Pittsburgh startup a $100,000 investment. Also joining Case on the tour will be U.S. Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker and Quicken Loans founder Dan Gilbert. While in Pittsburgh, Case will be joined by Carnegie Mellon University President Subra Suresh; Luke Skurman, CEO of Niche; Rich Lunak, president and CEO of Innovation Works; and Debra Lam, chief innovation and performance officer for the City of Pittsburgh.
Here's who will be presenting to Case next week:
- RapidTPC, a composite manufacturing startup;
- FACEMeeting, a web-based video meeting and conferencing platform;
- SolePower LLC, whose technology transforms the natural motion from walking into a source of renewable and portable power for devices;
- Aurochs Brewing Co., which produces gluten-free craft beer;
- FutureDerm, a skincare products line;
- Collected, which instantly suggests related content from Word and PowerPoint stored in cloud storage devices as you are working on a document;
- Treatspace, clinical social software that connect patients, providers and practices to optimize patient engagement, clinical collaboration and referral management;
- Identified Technologies, which develops unmanned aerial systems used for data gathering and sensing in hazardous environments;
- WebKite, a content management system that transforms data into an interactive, dynamic website;
- LifeShel, smartphone cases designed to emit high-pitch noise and network notification in distress situations...Read more»
By: Justine Coyne, Pittsburgh Business Times