Free Port Authority Transit Usage
Benefits-eligible faculty and staff are entitled to use Allegheny County Port Authority Transit (PAT) system busses, inclines, and the T free of charge. Your ID Card is encoded with your PAT eligibility status automatically—just tap your ID Card on the orange pad on the farebox.
PAT Pass Tax Consequences upon Separation from the University:
- Upon termination of employment, you MUST surrender your Carnegie Mellon ID Card encoded with your PAT eligibility status.
- If you do not surrender your ID Card, the remaining value of the transit pass will be taxed, as per federal regulations. Applicable taxes include state and federal income tax, FICA and FUTA.
- Taxes will be deducted in your final paycheck or, if the final paycheck has already been issued, they will be included on your W-2 as taxable income.
- An unreplaced lost/stolen card will be treated as if you chose not to surrender the ID, and the value of the card will still be taxed. If you can prove that your ID was stolen, you will not be assessed the taxes.
Automobile Purchase Programs
Carnegie Mellon University has entered into partnership agreements with Chrysler, General Motors, Ford and Nissan. Through this program, university employees can purchase any make of vehicle owned by these companies at discounted prices. Most vehicles are priced at the vehicle company employee cost plus a small fee.
Nissan Vehicle Purchase Program
Carnegie Mellon University employees, students and family members receive employee pricing on all new Nissan models plus three years of free routine maintenance.*
*Routine maintenance includes tire rotations, oil changes and fluid top off. State inspection is included. Pricing good for all current students and employees with proof of enrollment or employment.
For information and assistance please contact:
724-935-4646 ext. 1101
Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program
- Go to www.chrysleraffiliates.com or call 1-888-444-4321 to learn more about the program and obtain your control number.
- You’ll need the Carnegie Mellon partner code: DU2T4V.
- Take your Control Number, with proof of eligibility (company ID or recent paycheck stub), to any participating U.S. Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge or Ram dealership or FIAT Studio.
General Motors Discounts (GMC, Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac)
- Go to http://gmsupplierdiscount.com.
- Enter the Carnegie Mellon company code: 843283 and click "Continue."
- Create a username and password, and complete the registration process.
- Select the GM SUPPLIER DISCOUNT link on the left side of the page and complete the authorization process.
- You will be provided with an authorization number and instructions on how to use it.
Ford discounts (Ford, Lincoln, Mercury—dealer in stock only)
- Go to http://www.Fordpartner.com.
- Enter the Carnegie Mellon partner code: cmunv.
- Click on the "Generate PIN" tab and enter the information for which you are prompted.
- A four-digit pin will be generated by the system.
- Show your Carnegie Mellon ID card and the PIN to the dealer immediately upon entering the showroom
Rental Car Discounts:
Carnegie Mellon employees are eligible for discounted car rental rates through Enterprise Rent-A-Car. See Procurement Services for more information about the Enterprise discount.
Carnegie Mellon Zimride
Zimride is a private ridesharing network for Carnegie Mellon University. Use your Andrew ID to gain access to the network. Offer or request rides for your commute, road trips, and popular events. If you have a car, split costs by offering rides. If you don't have a car, find rides where you need to go.