Carnegie Mellon makes available a number of secondary benefits for faculty and staff. Eligibility rules vary; please read the information about each benefit separately.
University ID Cards
All employees should obtain a Carnegie Mellon ID Card from ID Card Services in The HUB within their first week of employment. (You may receive an ID Card after your appointment has been entered into the system and is active.) Your ID card enables you to:
- use university facilities & services (such as athletic facilities, libraries, and university events);
- take advantage discounts for faculty/staff (at the University Stores, School of Drama performances, etc.);
- gain entrance to university buildings and offices;
- link your card with your PNC bank account, so it can be used as an ATM card;
- ride on PAT System busses, T and inclines;
- use PlaidCa$h: a prepaid debit account accessible via your ID Card. It can be used dozens of locations, including on-campus stores, dining facilities, and off-campus restaurants and stores.
Eligible dependents of benefits-eligible employees can also receive an ID Card:
- Complete the Request for ID Cards for Family Members [pdf] and return it to the Benefits Office. (If you are requesting an ID card for a Domestic Partner who you have not registered with the university, you will also need to register your Domestic Partner.)
- The Benefits Office will review and approve the application, and will return it to you.
- Your dependent should present ID Card Services (located in The HUB) with:
- the approved Request for ID Cards for Family Members Form,
- a valid photo identification,
- the $5 fee—cash, check and credit card are accepted.
- Your dependent's photo will be taken and the ID card produced on-site within a few minutes.