Academic advising can be one of the most important elements in undergraduate success. In our department, each student is mentored and advised by our faculty in a variety of ways.
Students are able to tailor their educational experience here at Carnegie Mellon to include additional majors or minors, study abroad, and experiential learning opportunities. Students are encouraged to meet with Dr. Maggie Braun at least once a semester to discuss their plans and to incorporate these elements into their curriculum.
All undergraduate Biological Sciences students may meet with the primary departmental academic advisor, Becki Campanaro, Ph.D.
* It is suggested that students meet with their advisor frequently, but at least once a semester prior to registration.
1320 Doherty Hall
Monday – Friday
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Students are encouraged to meet frequently with Dr. Campanaro to:
- develop an individualized curricular plan
- discuss course selection
- explore research opportunities
- prepare for post-graduate work
- address any question or concern they may have
- just to get to know her as a valuable resource and ally
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Campanaro contact Tara Primiero at 412-268-3262 or by e-mail