We pride ourselves on helping you get the most out of your academic efforts while creating a positive learning experience. We offer a variety of academic support services to assist students in developing the skills, strategies, and behaviors needed to perform as confident, independent, and active learners.
Our programs are available to all Carnegie Mellon University students. The peer tutoring, study skills, supplemental instruction and EXCEL components of Academic Development utilize group and individualized instruction to accommodate the diverse learning styles and skill levels of the student population.
Learn more about the services we provide:
- Academic Coaching in study skills
- Peer Tutoring for various courses
- Supplemental Instruction weekly review sessions
- EXCEL collaborative learning groups
We also publish a series of study skills pamphlets:
Wondering if we Support Your Course?
View our course matrix to see what types of support we offer for specific courses. We encourage you to try all of the services available, whether it be Walk-in Tutoring, SI, or EXCEL Collaborative Learning Groups. If your course is not listed, you can come to the Academic Development office to request a weekly standing tutoring appointment. We'll do our best to find a tutor for you.
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Evening walk-in tutoring in Donner, Mudge, the Rez and the Engineering and Science Library begins on Sunday, January 22nd
- Requests for Standing Tutoring Appointments and Academic Coaching appointments can be made beginning Monday, January 23rd
- EXCEL Group registration begins on Tuesday, January 24th