July 08, 2019
Fall 2019 Registration is open
Osher Registration Is Now Open!
- We are currently reaching capacity, and many courses have waitlists. We are working to add additional seats to courses, or find new spaces on campus that hold larger audiences. We have requested more space for the fall term, but we may not receive confirmation from the university until mid-August. Thank you for being patient as we work through these changes.
- If you plan to take classes with Osher at CMU in the Fall term, the online registration system is OPEN TO MEMBERS ONLY. Navigate to cmu.edu/osher and click on “Member Sign In” to begin! If you are offered to go onto a waiting list – do it! The rooms are reassigned based on enrollment and waitlist sizes.
- Prospects may register on or after Tuesday, July 30 by calling the office 412-268-7489.
- For step-by-step directions on how to register, please watch the registration video on the right side of the Member Sign-In page.
- If you do not know your username or password, please do not call the office. You will get a much faster response by sending your request by email; email email@example.com.
- When you go into the system to register, you are looking for courses that say “ADD TO CART” – these are the Fall 2019 courses. If you see Enrolled, Closed, or Call to Register – these are Summer 2019 courses. If you want to reigister for one if them, call the office.
- You have the option to pay your 2020 Membership Dues! To pay your dues, click Purchase 2020 Membership in the area below the Osher logo, click the green Purchase New Membership button, select the 2020 Membership, and click the Submit button only if you are prepared to pay immediately. Checkout and pay with a credit card! Membership dues for 2020 are $100.
- It is important to check out and PAY! After you are finished adding courses to your cart, click on “view cart” in the gray box at the top of your screen and then the yellow “checkout” button. Be sure to agree to the refund policy by checking the boxes next to each course, click the green “checkout” button, and follow the steps to enter your credit card information. You will also receive a separate payment receipt. If you did not put in your credit card information, or you do not get confirmation emails, you did not complete your registration.
- You will know your registration has been successful because you will immediately receive a course conformation for each course and/or notice of being on the waiting list.
- Don’t walk away from your registration; if you do not checkout within 30 minutes of starting to register, your selected courses will automatically drop from your cart and you'll need to start over.
- Please Volunteer to be an Osher Ambassador (OA) – To do so, fill out the “Volunteer to be an Osher Ambassador” in the Quick Links section (red box at bottom) of the Osher at CMU homepage (cmu.edu/osher).
Interesting registration facts:
- Regardless of when you register, whether it is today, tomorrow, or next week, you will probably get into most, if not all, of the classes you want. Be patient, more seats are often added and most courses do not have a waiting list at the start of the term.
- If you see that a course is full, go onto the waitlist. Most courses have an initial seat limit of 35. There is a very good chance you’ll get in.
- If you are interested in coming to campus on a particular day of the week, type into the search box the day of the week you are interested in and all courses held on that day of the week will be listed.
- If there are popular courses you definitely want to take, register for those classes first, and make sure you check out! You can always go back and add classes at a later time.
- We do surprise registrations to give everyone an equal chance to register.