The Curriculum committee is looking for new members!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Prospects are not Osher Members. Committee participation is limited to Osher Members only.
Osher at CMU Mission and Vision
The mission of Osher at CMU is to provide its members with learning and social enrichment opportunities that increase their knowledge, enhance skills and interactions with peers, and increase cultural and social awareness, complementing CMU's leading role in educational, intellectual, and cultural life in the Pittsburgh region.
Osher at CMU's vision is to be a premier quality source of lifelong learning for its members through cost effective, short-term, non-credit courses, lectures, field trips, special interest groups, and other events supporting its mission.
Curriculum Committee - Committee member
The Curriculum Committee is in need of a few new committee members. The Curriculum Committee recruits new Study Leaders for course offerings to keep the curriculum vibrant and responsive to member needs and interests. They develop a rapport and communicate regularly with Study Leaders to encourage continued participation and development of new course offerings. Lastly, they follow up with and support Study Leaders as they prepare their on-line course proposal submissions.
View the Responsibilities, Structure, and Expectations of the Curriculum Committee Member
- The President appoints the Committee Chair for a term of one year with no limit on reappointment.
- The Registrar and the appointed Chair of the Lecture Sub-Committee are voting Committee members.
- The Committee Chair appoints additional Committee members from applicants following the Osher Committee Member Selection Procedure.
- All Committee members must be active members of Osher at CMU.
- The Chair may drop Committee members for cause.
- The President and Executive Director are ex-officio, non-voting members of the Committee.
- If the appointed Committee Chair is not an elected Director, the Chair shall serve as an ex officio, nonvoting member of the Board.
- The Committee shall meet with such frequency as it may determine, typically at least four meetings per year.
- The Chair presides over Committee meetings and works closely with the Registrar for development of each term’s course catalog contents.
- Committee approvals require the presence of a quorum and affirmative votes of a majority of members present.
- The Committee shall report its activities to the Board on a regular basis
- The Chair is responsible for keeping and maintaining records of Committee actions and shall submit written input for the Osher annual report no later than 30 days after the end of the fiscal year.
- The Committee may invite any Director, Officer, outside advisor, or other individual who to attend meetings, but such persons shall not have voting power.
- The Committee may not contractually obligate Osher at CMU in any manner unless authorized by documented approval by the Board.
- The Committee shall review this charter periodically and may recommend changes to the Board for review and approval.
- Any action of the Committee is subject to review by the Board and may be overturned by majority vote of the Board.
- Recruit new Study Leaders for course offerings to keep the curriculum vibrant and responsive to member needs and interests.
- Develop a rapport and communicate regularly with Study Leaders to encourage continued participation and development of new course offerings.
- Follow up with and support Study Leaders as they prepare their on-line course proposal submissions.