MCS Graduate Student Conference Funding Award Winners Announced
By Kirsten HeuringMedia Inquiries
- Associate Dean for Communications, MCS
Four winners have received the Mellon College of Science Graduate Student Funding Award for summer conferences.
Created by Glen de Vries Dean Rebecca W. Doerge to help graduate students attend conferences and workshops that will further their research, she and Associate Dean for Faculty and Graduate Affairs Manfred Paulini announced the spring recipients.
This round's winners include the following students and the meetings they plan to attend:
- Zhangyu Cheng, a Ph.D. candidate in Biological Sciences — the Microscopy and Microanalysis 2023 Conference
- Evgeny "Eugene" Gutkin, a Ph.D. candidate in Chemistry — the American Chemical Society Fall 2023 Conference
- Heather Newman, a Ph.D. candidate in Mathematical Sciences — the International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML)
- Sarah Skinner, a Ph.D. candidate in Physics — the Lattice 2023 Conference
The award offers students up to $500 in supplemental funding for travel, prioritizing applicants who have secured other sources of funding.
Graduate students are encouraged to apply to future rounds of the Graduate Student Conference Funding Award. Applications for conferences taking place in October, November and December 2023 will be accepted until September 15, 2023.For more information and to apply for the award, students can visit the award website.