CTTEC's evaluation, marketing and licensing processes ensure that technologies created in Carnegie Mellon's laboratories are developed and commercialized for the benefit of the widest appropriate audience.Here are the company characteristics that CTTEC looks for to successfully license Carnegie Mellon technology:
- A company that recognizes the likely commercial benefit of the Carnegie Mellon technology.
- A company that has the resources to develop the invention (usually early stage) and is determined to commercialize it.
- Serious intent demonstrated by negotiating a reasonable licensing fee and reimbursement of patent fees (where applicable).
- An understanding that the University's primary goal of technology transfer is wide dissemination of new technologies for the public good.
- A company that takes a ‘partnership approach’ to working with Carnegie Mellon faculty.