Service Expiration Dates
The service expiration dates listed below are a general guideline. These guidelines do NOT apply to faculty with Emeritus status.
Network Registrations: Network registrations in residence halls are purged each year on the Monday after commencement in May. Wireless registrations may be purged three months after graduation.
Services that expire immediately when you graduate or leave the university: *
- University Store Computer Sales Educational discounts
- Matlab (classroom license server; no ability to launch )
- Site and volume license software downloads
Services that expire 30 days after you graduate or a maximum of 21 days after you leave the university: *
- Ability to change email quota
- Ability to register a computer on the campus network
- Access to publish to www.andrew.cmu.edu
Services that expire a minimum of 90 days after you graduate or a maximum of 21 days after you leave the university: *
- Access to Andrew file space
- Andrew Account and log in and your cmu.edu email address (Note: When your account and log in expire it will no longer forward mail.)
- Access to Cluster computers
- Computing Services Help Center: access to the center for questions, assistance
- Andrew Calendar access
- CMU Box account
- Andrew Mailman lists
- Online directory entry (as active affiliate)
- Online library services access
- Unix servers and other Andrew workstations access
- VPN service
* In special circumstances, departments may elect to cancel services immediately.