Recently Completed Projects
Hall of the Arts & Posner Hall
Completed in 2021, this multi-phased project including a gut and renovation of the Hall of the Arts building (formerly GSIA) for several CFA departments. Refresh of the Posner Hall building included renovating spaces for the Exchange, Registrar Classrooms, IPS, Student Academic Success and Dietrich College departments. The renovation upgraded the mechanical systems and providing new LED lighting. The project is targeting LEED Gold.
Opened in 2019, Ansys Hall completes CMU's maker ecosystem for the School of Engineering. This building has a high bay maker space, offices, classrooms, and collaboration areas. The new building complements the surrounding historic Henry Hornbostel buildings, and is LEED gold certified. Designed by Bohlin Cywinski Jackson and built by Mosites Construction Company.
Tata Consultancy Services Hall
Opened in 2020, TCS Hall is the home of the School of Computer Science Institute for Software research, classrooms and offices for the Master of Science in Computational Finance and the Center for Business Engagement. The building features a light filled two-story lobby space, state of the art classrooms, offices and maker space. Designed by Bohlin Cywinski Jackson and built by Mascaro Construction Corporation.
The Mill 19 building at Hazelwood Green has been constructed entirely within the frame of one of Pittsburgh's disused steel mills. Designed as a space to innovate new manufacturing techniques using robotics and 3d printing, this building helps bring about the future while celebrating Pittsburgh's history. Designed by R3A and built by Jendoco Construction Corporation.
David A. Tepper Quadrangle
Completed in 2019, The David A. Tepper Quadrangle is a 315,000 square foot building that houses the Tepper School of Business. The layout of the building is arranged to create an interdisiplinary space, promoting collaboration between fields of study. Designed by Moore, Ruble, Yudell / R3A and built by PJ Dick Corporation.
Designed by Henry Hornbostel in 1915, Hamburg Hall was originally the main building of the US Bureau of Mines. Purchased by CMU in 1984 and fully renovated in 2016, it is now the home of the Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy. Renovations designed by GBBN Architects and renovation by Mascaro Construction Corporation.
The Sherman and Joyce Bowie Scott Hall officially opened in 2016 as the new home for Bio-Medical Engineering, the Bertucci Nanotechnology Lab, and other shared research laboratory facilities. Designed by OFFICE 52 / Stantec and built by Jendoco Construction Corporation.
Jared L. Cohon University Center
Designed to support health, wellness, and community engagement, the center offers conference space and meeting rooms, a studio theater, a state-of-the-art fitness center, gymnasium, swimming pool, multiple dining locations and plenty of gathering and study space. Designed by Cannon Design and built by Mosites Construction Company.
4721 Fifth Ave
Built in 1918, this historic structure was extensively renovated to create a new space for the CMU Marketing and Communications Division. The work was LEED gold certified, creating a efficient workplace while preserving the historic nature of the building. Renovations designed by GBBN Architects and renovation by Turner Construction Company.