If you suspect your computer has already been compromised:
- If your computer crashes
- If your Adobe Reader, Acrobat, or web browser crashes when opening a PDF file
- If your computer is experiencing unexplaniable disk activity
- If your computer is experiencing unexpected and unplinable performance degration
STOP! Immediately take the following steps:
- Disconnect from the network - turn off wireless or unplug the wired network cable.
- Discontinue use of the machine but DO NOT power off.
- Contact the Information Security Office at (412) 268-2044 or email@example.com or your departmental computing administrator/DSP consultant for further instructions.
These steps are excerpted from Responding to a Compromised Computer