Fitness and Nutrition
Eating right, maintaining a healthy weight and getting regular physical activity are some of the best ways to prevent serious, lifelong conditions. Carnegie Mellon makes it easy to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Nutrition and Weight Control
- Dining Services—Healthy Living
- University Health Services Nutrition Services and Education
- Carnegie Mellon Weight Watchers at Work
- Meatless Mondays
Exercise and Fitness Programs
- Faculty and staff can access any of the university's fitness/athletic facilities, participate in Group X-ercise classes or recreational activities, and consult with a personal trainer through Carnegie Mellon Athletics.
- Free fitness classes are offered Monday–Thursday in Whitfield Hall–Club Room. Learn more about the Staff Faculty Fitness program, including class schedules and descriptions. Also, subscribe to the SFF email list to be sure you get class announcements.
- Human Resources offers a free Hatha Yoga class for faculty and staff. The hour-long sessions are held at 12:05 PM every Monday in Whitfield Hall–Club Room. Contact Carol Rigdon for more information. Mats and blocks provided. Comfortable clothing is recommended.
Free Meditation Sessions for Staff and Faculty
Human Resources and Staff Council offer a free meditation program for faculty and staff. The 30-minute sessions are held at 12:00 every Tuesday in Whitfield Hall–Pine Room, and are led by Kevin Henry, MED, LSW. No pre-registration or special dress is required.