January 12, 2021
Tepper School's Undergraduate Business Program Ranked #8 in U.S. by Poets&Quants
The Tepper School of Business climbed to #8 in Poets&Quants fifth annual ranking of undergraduate business programs, up from 10th last year.
The 2021 Top Undergraduate Business Schools ranking is based on three equally weighted categories — admissions standards, the college experience, and career outcomes.
Admissions standards are broken down by acceptance rates (30%), average SAT scores (35%), and the percentage of students graduating in the top 10% of their high school class (35%). This year our admission standards held steady at #2.
The college experience is based solely on responses from an alumni survey, which includes responses from alumni graduating between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018. This year, we rose ten spots to #54.
Career outcomes are based on the following criteria:
- The percentage of students with full-time employment within three months of graduation (50%).
- Annual salary and signing bonus average (30%).
- The percentage of students completing a business-related internship before graduation (20%).
Overall outcomes in this category fell from #4 to #7.
The Tepper School Undergraduate Business program has several differentiators that contribute to this ranking, such as:
- One of the lowest student-to-faculty ratios of the top ten undergraduate business programs.
- The ability to select a business concentration that will allow you to gain depth in a specific business area.
- A required minor that will expand the depth and breadth of your education whether in fine arts, computer science, engineering, psychology, or any Carnegie Mellon program.
Students also have the option to pursue an additional major or add a global perspective to their education through a wide range of study abroad opportunities.