The heart of the Remaking Cities Institute is in its research. RCI improves the quality of life in cities and towns through academic, applied and action-oriented research into place-making and community redevelopment. Having transitioned from an industry-based economy to a diversified technology and service-based economy, Pittsburgh serves as a laboratory for the remaking of post-industrial cities. Through its research, RCI shares lessons learned in Pittsburgh with post-industrial cities around the world.
Download our scholarly research from Research Showcase, Carnegie Mellon University's open access repository. The links below will take you to specific reports.
Project Report Links
- Remaking Hazelwood, Remaking Pittsburgh
- Framing the Region
- Mayor's Institute on City Design: Briefing Book and Meeting Summary
- Innovation Oakland
- Pittsburgh Neighborhood Capacity Analysis
- Pittsburgh International Airport Development Vision Plan (Aerotropolis)
- LED Street Light Research Project
- Riverlife Strategic Plan
- East Liberty Walkability
- Johnstown Vision 2025: A Resilience Framework
- LED Street Light Research Project Part II: New Findings
- Highway Corridor Transformation Research Study