A resume is a one to two page document that provides employers an overview of your most relevant experiences, training, skills, and accomplishments. A strong resume will help you stand out among the applicant pool as a uniquely qualified candidate.
While crafting a resume, it’s important to remember that employers read through these documents very quickly, so the information you include should be organized, concise, and memorable.
This handout covers general guidelines on resume writing, including:
- How to tailor your resume to your target position
- How to highlight your analytical, technical, and creative expertise
- How to identify and quantify your accomplishments
- What to include in your resume, and what to leave off
- What action verbs and buzzwords to include
Ready to apply? Click the links on the sidebar first to view, download, and print the PDFs.
Need one-on-one support on your resume? Schedule an appointment with one of our consultants now!