While applying to jobs, you will most likely be asked to write a cover letter. Think of your cover letter as an opportunity to add a personal touch to your application. In the letter, you should introduce yourself to the employer and expand upon the most relevant key accomplishments listed in your resume.
From this handout, you will learn:
- What goes into a cover letter
- How to format your letter according to document design principles
This handout will walk you through the three main principles of crafting a strong cover letter:
- Connect your past and present experiences to your future goals
- Highlight your qualifications and transferable skills
- Tailor your letter to the company and position you are applying for
Ready to impress the hiring committee? Click on the sidebar to download the PDF or watch the video.
Do you need one-on-one support for your cover letter? Schedule an appointment with one of our consultants now!