Troubleshooting Your UC Phone
Follow the instructions below to troubleshoot your UC phone before you request a repair.
I can't listen to my voicemail messages.
If you cannot listen to your voicemail messages, do the following.
- Verify that you are entering the correct PIN when dialing into your voicemail.
- Verify that you are not locked out of your voicemail account because you entered your PIN incorrectly 3 times total.
- To reset your PIN, visit voicemail.cmu.edu, then click Reset your PIN.
My phone is showing as unregistered. There is a spinning wheel at the top-right corner of the phone screen.
- Verify that the ethernet cable is plugged into an outlet equipped with PoE and Voice Data.
- Try another ethernet outlet and cable.
- Reseat the ethernet cable (unplug and plug back in).
- Disconnect other equipment (e.g., answering machine, etc.)
I'm not receiving messages or calls, and my phone does not ring.
- Verify that your phone and/or jabber status is not set to DO NOT DISTURB.
My phone powers on and off.
- Verify that the ethernet cable is properly plugged in.
- Try another ethernet cable.
- Try another ethernet outlet.
My phone does not forward my calls even though I entered my number correctly.
- Verify that you dialed "9" before the phone number, if you are forwarding your calls to an outside (non-CMU) number.
My mailbox quota tells me I'm over my limit
- Verify that you have emptied your deleted voice mailbox messages, which count against your total mail quota.
The phone.cmu.edu and voicemail.cmu.edu webpages are not working for me.
- Verify that you are using the correct browser as listed on the pages and quick references from the Phone and Voicemail Online Operations Guide page.
I can't log in to Jabber.
- Verify your name is entered as the following: YourAndrewID@uc.cmu.edu.
- Follow the Cisco Jabber documentation.