Associate Director of Gift Planning (Part-time), Individual and Planned Giving
CARNEGIE MELLON JOB POSTING #101027
Job Function: Administration/Management
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
FT/PT Status: Regular Part Time
Organization: INDIVIDUAL AND PLANNED GIVING (UNIV ADVANCEMENT)
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Preferred Education Level: Master's Degree or equivalent
This senior level gift planning position is a half-time (20 hours per week) position that reports to the Executive Director of Gift Planning. This position's primary responsibility will be to create proactive probate administration and donor stewardship programs. In addition, this position will coordinate a marketing effort directed towards attorneys, accountants, brokers, financial planners, and other advisors of potential donors of the university. It will also assist other aspects of managing the gift planning office as need and time dictate. The selected candidate must be able to work independently while also being a solid team contributor to both the gift planning office and the division of University Advancement.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Licenses: Must possess a valid driver's license. Must successfully complete a driver's license verification on an annual basis. Must complete the National Safety Council Defensive Driver Training once every three years.
- At least three years of experience in the probate administration or estate planning field required.
- Five or more years of experience preferred.
- Familiarity with legal and financial nomenclatures.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills required.
- Computer literacy required.
- Ability to interpret and explain highly technical concepts in layman's terms.
- Knowledge of tax and estate planning laws that impact charitable giving and personal planning.
- Strong planning and organizational skills necessary.
- Demonstrated success as a team player and a good sense of humor will be positive characteristics.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills and ability to conduct training sessions preferred.
- Physical Mobility: Primarily sedentary
- Environmental Conditions: Typical office setting
- Ability to work under pressure, meet inflexible deadlines, set priorities, deal diplomatically with difficult individuals, and conceptualize planned giving strategies.
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards, empathetic disposition, perseverance, optimistic and positive attitude, capacity to work while paying attention to details, sensitivity to needs and feelings of others.
- Other: Evening and weekend hours may be required. Some travel will be required.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to Careers@Carnegie Mellon at: https://cmu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang+en&job=101027