NEWS & Events
- Aug 20, 2015, graduate student Ting Liu selected to the inaugural class of CMU Presidential Fellows as a recipient of Bruce McWilliams Presidential Fellowship in the Mellon College of Science 2015-16.
- July 20, 2015, Carnegie Mellon University Press Release "Scientists identify achilles' heel of virus's tough outer shell."
- Graduate Student Dave Bauer successfully defended his phD thesis on Apr.13th, 2015. Thesis title: "Influence of internal genome pressure on viral particle infectivity and stability".
- "Graduate Student Krista Freeman is selected to attend the 65th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting in Lindau, Germany." Only the 55 most qualified young scientists from the United States are given the opportunity to enrich and share the unique atmosphere of the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings.The meeting is held from 28 June to 3 July 2015.
- "Rapid transitions in viral DNA story, highlighted in PNAS In this issue front page" PNAS, October 14, 2014
- "Body temperature linked to DNA activity inside disease-causing virus" Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, November 11, 2014
- September 30, 2014, Carnegie Mellon University Press Release "Viral Infection Might Just Be a Phase Transition"
- Graduate Student Dave Bauer was awarded an NIH fellowship from MBSB graduate program based on his successful grant application.
- Listen to the popular science podcast "The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe" in the
final segment, "Science or Fiction" starting around 63 min our discovery of Herpes pressure is being discussed.
- July 24, 2013, Media Press Release "First Experimental Evidence of Internal Pressure Inside Herpes Virus".
- Graduate Student Krista Freeman was awarded a 2013 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) Fellowship.
- Graduate Student Dave Bauer is awarded an Outstanding Presentation Prize at the Grad Expo 2013 at the University of Pittsburgh (March 21, 2013).
- Professor Evilevitch has been awarded an NSF grant (June 2012).
- Graduate Student Udom Sae-Ueng receives Astrid and Bruce McWilliams Fellowship for impressive research accomplishments in Physical Virology (February 2012).
- "Physicist Makes Pivotal Discovery", Carnegie Mellon Front Page, July 17th, 2010.
- "Researcher says physics may outsmart viruses" Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Wednesday, February 17th, 2010
- "Carnegie Mellon Physicist the First To Measure Energy Released From a Virus During Infection" Carnegie Mellon University press release, February 5th, 2010
- "Energy of Attacking Virus Revealed" Science Daily,
- "High-powered living DNA cannon" Nano Tsunami - Nano Medicine in depth, 2005
- "DNA Goes Ballistic" Science,
- "Some viruses faster than a speeding bullet" ABC News,
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213 USA
Tel: (412) 268-2740
Fax: (412) 681-0648
Wean Hall 6409
Wean Hall 6418
Wean Hall 6325