NEWS & Events
- "Body temperature linked to DNA activity inside disease-causing virus" Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, November 11, 2014
- September 30, 2014, Carnegie Mellon University Press Release "Viral Infection Might Just Be a Phase Transition"
- Graduate Student Dave Bauer was awarded an NIH fellowship from MBSB graduate program based on his successful grant application.
- Listen to the popular science podcast "The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe" in the
final segment, "Science or Fiction" starting around 63 min our discovery of Herpes
pressure is being discussed.
- July 24, 2013, Media Press Release "First Experimental Evidence of Internal Pressure
Inside Herpes Virus".
- Graduate Student Krista Freeman was awarded a 2013 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) Fellowship.
- Graduate Student Dave Bauer is awarded an Outstanding Presentation Prize at the Grad Expo 2013 at the University of Pittsburgh (March 21, 2013).
- Professor Evilevitch has been awarded an NSF grant (June 2012).
- Graduate Student Udom Sae-Ueng receives Astrid and Bruce McWilliams Fellowship for impressive research accomplishments in Physical Virology (February 2012).
- "Physicist Makes Pivotal Discovery", Carnegie Mellon Front Page, July 17th, 2010.
- "Researcher says physics may outsmart viruses" Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Wednesday, February 17th, 2010
- "Carnegie Mellon Physicist the First To Measure Energy Released From a Virus During Infection" Carnegie Mellon University press release, February 5th, 2010
- "Energy of Attacking Virus Revealed" Science Daily,
- "High-powered living DNA cannon" Nano Tsunami - Nano Medicine in depth, 2005
- "DNA Goes Ballistic" Science,
- "Some viruses faster than a speeding bullet" ABC News,