Plaid Ca$h is a prepaid, stored-value/debit account that is accessible via your ID Card. It is the convenient, cashless way to pay on and off campus. You can use Plaid Ca$h for textbooks, school supplies and laundry tokens. Some of the area's most popular businesses accept Plaid Ca$h. You can use it to pay for restaurant take-out, delivery and more.
- Easy - No need to carry cash, checks, ATM and credit cards.
- Off Campus - Now you can use it off campus at your favorite places.
- Current - Up-to-date balances available at every terminal or on your receipt after you make a purchase.
- Automatic - Balances roll over each semester/year.
- Debt Free - Not a credit card, so when you buy... you own, not owe.
- Local - Your parents may make deposits knowing you can only spend at places approved by the university, on and off campus.
- Safe - ID Card lost or stolen? You can lock your card on SIO by clicking on ID+ Card under the Campus Services tab.
Semester Student Spending
Not sure how much Plaid Ca$h to add? Here is an estimate of what students may spend at Carnegie Mellon per semester using PlaidCa$h:
|Restaurants and Delivery||$100|