The Global Communication Center offers a range of workshops throughout the semester. Click here for a complete list of all of our workshop topics.
All GCC workshops are free and open to all CMU students (graduate and undergraduate), faculty, and staff. These workshops are appropriate for students at all levels of study, in the sciences and humanities. All workshops are held in IDEATE Studio A in the Hunt Library.We have concluded our fall workshop series. Recordings of previous workshops can be found here.
We are excited to announce our workshop lineup for 2017. Registration will begin on January 17, 2017.
- Creating a Novel Contribution in your 3MT Presentation
- Achieve Clear and Concise Writing
- The Fundamentals of Visual Design
- Team Communication Part I: The Fundamentals of Managing Team Projects
- Team Communication Part II: Handling Difficult People and Situations
- Maximize the Impact of your Cover Letter
- Designing Effective Research Posters
- Presentation Skills
- Punctuation Strategies: Practical Grammar to Clarify your Writing
- Making the Case for your Research in your Introduction and Abstract
- Writing an Effective Literature Review