Active Directory Account/Password
Active Directory accounts (-admin, -cadmin and -vrtadmin) are available to administrators with a server in the Data Center. This account has a 90-day password reset policy to:
- Protect sensitive IT services.
- Meet ISO security guidelines.
- Address auditor guidance.
- Ensure that our privileged accounts are secure.
Change your AD Password
- Log off from any open Terminal sessions.
- Connect to General VPN.
- Go to https://winpassreset.andrew.cmu.edu.
- Generate a one-time password (OTP).
- Log on with the OTP and your Andrew userID and password.
- Last five passwords cannot be used.
- Must include a combination of: lowercase, uppercase, numbers and symbols.
- Must be at least 15-characters.
- Expires within 90 days.
- Lock out for two hours after six failed log in attempts.