Carnegie Mellon University Website Home Page

Personal Sponsored Accounts

Who is eligible

Individuals who are not officially affiliated with Carnegie Mellon but are doing university-related work can obtain an Andrew account by having the account sponsored. The sponsor must be a faculty or staff member. Personal Sponsored accounts are intended to fill long-term account needs (6 months or more).

How to request it

Business Administrators, HREM Administrators, or Departmental Administrators can request or renew accounts by completing the Personal Sponsored Account Request/Renewal form.

Account Expiration and Termination

The expiration date is set when the account is created. Two renewal notices are sent to both the owner and the sponsor of the account. The first is sent out two weeks before the expiration date, the second one week before. If there is no response to the renewal request, the account is allowed to expire.