Your Andrew account is your gateway to the computing environment at Carnegie Mellon. Student, faculty, and staff accounts give access to email, network registration, public computer labs and other resources.
Individuals who are not students, faculty, or staff but are associated with Carnegie Mellon may be issued a temporary, sponsored, or alumni account. These accounts may not have access to all computing resources. Visit Types and Entitlements for a complete list of resources available to you.
Andrew Account Holder Responsibilities
As an Andrew account holder, you are responsible for:
- Securing your computer or mobile device before accessing the Carnegie Mellon network under the adherence of the Secure Your Computer pages.
- Adhering to the Carnegie Mellon Computing Policy
- Protecting and securing your Andrew userID and password under the adherence of the Password Sharing Guideline
- Following the Network Bandwidth Usage Guideline
- Following the Copyright Violation Guideline
See the complete list of computing guidelines.