Change Your Andrew Account Password
IMPORTANT: Did you set your initial password? If not, please see the Set Your Initial Password steps.
Follow the steps below to change your Andrew account password:
|Important Note for Faculty and Staff:
We recommend that you change your Andrew account password while ON CAMPUS and connected to the campus network.
- Log into the Carnegie Mellon Identity Manager service.
- If prompted, enter your Andrew userID and current password, then click Login.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to change your password. To ensure success follow the password requirements when selecting your password.
- When your password is successfully changed, a confirmation message will display and you will receive a confirmation email in your Andrew email account.
- Log out and then log back into your computer once your password has been changed in order to sync your new password with authenticated services.
IMPORTANT: If you use a laptop, complete this step before you disconnect from the campus network.
If an error message displays, your new password may not meet the password requirements. Enter a different password into the New Password and Confirm Password fields and then select Change Password.
Set Your Security Questions
We encourage everyone to set your security questions. If you forget your Andrew account password, the self-service utility, available 24/7, will allow you to create a new one. To set your security questions, log into the the Carnegie Mellon Identity Manager service and then click the Set Security Questions link in upper left corner.
Once you change your password, please consider the following:
Is your password saved within your email application?
Make sure your password is not saved in your email application. Refer to the appropriate document below to remove it:
Update your mobile device password information.
If you use a mobile device to connect to your Andrew email, locate the email configuration settings and change your password.
Last Updated: 6/28/13