Change Your Andrew Account Password
IMPORTANT: Did you set your initial password? If not, please see the Set Your Initial Password steps.
Step 1: Make sure your password is NOT saved within your email client.
Before you change your Andrew account password, make sure your password is NOT saved within your email client. Refer to the appropriate documentation below and then return to this web page:
Step 2: Change Your Andrew Account Password.
Follow the steps below to change your Andrew account password:
|Important Note for Faculty and Staff:
We recommend that you change your Andrew account password while ON CAMPUS and connected to the campus network.
- Log into the Carnegie Mellon Identity Manager service.
- If prompted, enter your Andrew userID and current password, then click Login.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to change your password. To ensure success follow the password requirements when selecting your password.
- When your password is successfully changed, a confirmation message will display and you will receive a confirmation email in your Andrew email account.
- Log out and then log back into your computer once your password has been changed in order to sync your new password with authenticated services.
IMPORTANT: If you use a laptop, complete this step before you disconnect from the campus network.
If an error message displays, your new password may not meet the password requirements. Enter a different password into the New Password and Confirm Password fields and then select Change Password.
Step 3: Update your mobile device password information.
If you use a mobile device to connect to your Andrew email, locate the email configuration settings and change your password.
Last Updated: 10/10/12