Carnegie Mellon University

International Military Service

International students requiring a leave of absence for military service should consult the Carnegie Mellon University Student Leave Policy.  They should meet with their academic advisor and follow the Leave of Absence and Withdrawal process.  In addition, they should meet with an Office of International Education (OIE) advisor well before the planned leave of absence to discuss immigration requirements.  It is important to understand the immigration implications prior to taking time off through a withdrawal or leave of absence.

When returning to campus after a leave of absence for military service, apply for Housing using the Upper-Class Housing Waitlist Application.